We have an exciting opportunity for a person with a background in business and/or marketing to help us develop a roster of world-class clients and in turn, help shape the future of the company.
We’re looking for a business development person to help create, identify and pursue opportunities where our creative services can help businesses achieve their objectives.
Reporting to the Directors, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing the agency’s new business and marketing strategy as we look to step up operations.
Passionate about the creative industries and the power of good design. Your enthusiasm, personality and proactive nature will set you apart from the crowd.
Who are we?
Established in 2010, we are an award-winning creative agency who bring brands to life through powerful ideas and great design. We partner with clients big and small, far and wide. Check out our site for more about us.
What’s the role?
We’re at an exciting point in our journey and we’re looking to grow the studio to accommodate for growth across different areas of the business.
This is a new role; you’ll help to spearhead our business development team and be responsible for a range of tasks, some of which will be assigned to you and others you’ll have identified for yourself (you’re enthusiastic and proactive, remember), for example:
- Building and maintaining our internal CRM database.
- Contacting prospective and existing clients by email, phone, in person or however most appropriate to introduce who we are and generally stay in touch – without a whiff of a persistent sales person (no one likes that).
- Managing inbound enquiries.
- Building an understanding of the studio; our existing and potential clients and their industries to inform proactive and reactive business development activities.
- Leading the management of tenders and producing and presenting new business proposals.
- Liaison with directors and internal account management to identify potential business development opportunities.
- Initiating and developing relationships within the industry.
- Helping to manage social media accounts and promoting the studio’s work.
Some nice to haves:
- You have a good understanding of SEO and PPC
- You’re good with words (and can prove it)
- You have experience working on, and implementing, marketing strategies
What kind of person are we looking for?
This isn’t a pure sales role in the traditional sense – no sales funnels or “smashing it” required – we’re looking for someone who can supplement an already successful team and help bring opportunities for us to do more great work with more interesting people across the world.
Inquisitive, tenacious and ambitious (without being a pest), you’ll have good people skills, be adaptable, good at thinking on your feet and an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, including in face-to-face meetings and presentations.
Preferably you’ll have experience initiating and securing high profile client wins across a range of sectors within a small-mid sized agency setting (although it’s not a deal breaker).
Finally, you’ll love what you do. We care deeply about the work, as well as the people doing the work. We’re looking for someone who feels the same way.
Minimum 3-4 years experience of working in marketing, communications, digital sectors or similar; either client or agency-side.
If your experience is in a business development role, great, if it’s not then tell us why that doesn’t matter.
Perks and Benefits
- The opportunity to work within a close-knit, passionate team of strategists, designers, illustrators, developers, animators and project managers.
- Working on an exciting and eclectic range of client projects for local, national and international clients.
- You’ll get to work in a bright and comfortable studio environment in a stunning workspace surrounded by other creative businesses and individuals.
- On the job training and self-development opportunities.
- Work from home days.
- 25 days holiday (+ Christmas and Bank holidays).
- Reduced summer working hours.
- Pension scheme option.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Tickets to local creative talks, events and workshops.
- Regular social events and annual team summer holiday – always a blast.
Deadline: Friday 2nd October 2020
Interviews: w/c 12th October 2020
Salary: Depending on experience
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please send applications to email@example.com with the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Business Development and Marketing Manager role
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please keep cover letters short and attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.
No agencies please. We’ve got this one covered.