We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-orientated, creative Web Developer to join our team.
Working on a variety of projects for local and international brands, you will work alongside a talented team of designers and developers to assist in the design, coding and testing of technical solutions.
Who are we?
Established in 2010, we are an award-winning creative agency who bring brands to life through powerful ideas and great design. We partner with clients big and small, far and wide. Check out our site for more about us.
What’s the role?
We’re at an exciting stage of our journey and we’re looking to grow the agency to accommodate growth across different areas of the business.
- Designing, developing and testing for desktop and mobile applications
- Building and maintaining websites for our clients
- Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages
- Accurately translate user and business needs into functional frontend code
Some must haves:
- A working knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge of the modern web development life cycle & continuous integration/deployment.
- An eye for design and layout aesthetics.
- Examples of cleanly written, well-documented, secure code.
- Experience with testing and debugging.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Adept at managing your own time and working to strict deadlines.
- Hunger and drive to continuously develop your own skills and find creative solutions to client problems.
Some nice to haves:
- Experience working with Figma
- Experience working with Craft CMS
- Experience working with Git file version software
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Understanding of DNS configuration, CDNs and SSL certificates
What kind of person are we looking for?
Inquisitive, creative and ambitious, you’ll have good people skills, be adaptable, a problem-solver and an excellent communicator – helping explain often complex problems in ways that non-developers will understand.
You have an eye for design – whilst you won’t be designing any web layouts, you recognise the importance of good design and UX and are capable of realising those designs accurately throughout the development process.
Preferably you’ll have experience initiating and securing high profile client wins across a range of sectors within a small-mid sized agency setting (although it’s not a deal breaker).
Finally, you’ll love what you do. We care deeply about the work, as well as the people doing the work. We’re looking for someone who feels the same way.
- The opportunity to work within a close-knit, passionate team of strategists, designers, illustrators, developers, animators and project managers.
- Working on an exciting and eclectic range of client projects for local, national and international clients.
- You’ll get to work in a bright and comfortable studio environment in a stunning workspace surrounded by other creative businesses and individuals.
- On the job training and self-development opportunities.
- Work from home days.
- 25 days holiday (+ Christmas and Bank holidays).
- Reduced summer working hours.
- Pension scheme option.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Tickets to local creative talks, events and workshops.
- Regular social events and annual team summer holiday – always a blast.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
Interviews: w/c 21st June 2021
Duration: Full-time / Remote Optional
Salary: £30-40k depending on experience
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Web Developer role
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please include relevant examples of your work and/or a link to your portfolio.
Keep cover letters short and attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.
No agencies please. We’ve got this one covered.