We have an exciting opening for an enthusiastic, highly-creative designer with a focus on digital to join our growing creative team, working on projects for local, national and international brands.
Our ethos is simple: to create meaningful and engaging work for our clients partners, delivered with heart and soul. We encourage a strong studio culture that feeds creativity.
This is a unique opportunity for a designer to really take ownership and make their mark on projects from start to finish. Being part of a small and close-knit team, will allow you to develop your skills in UX, UI and interaction design. You’ll be expected to take ideas from pen and paper (UX) to executing pixel perfect designs (UI) and interactions (animation). We’ll push you and we want you to push us.
Whilst this is predominantly a digital focussed role there will still be opportunities to get involved in other areas of design such as animation, 3D and branding.
Before applying for the role please take a look over our portfolio and make sure you’re the right fit for the role and what we do. We don’t want to waste your time or ours.
Also, please be aware that, due to the high volume of responses, we can only get back to successful applicants.
The ideal candidate…
- Will have a minimum of 3 years experience and a proven track record of working within an agency environment.
- Will have a strong portfolio of work showing high quality wireframes and designs that demonstrate both creative and technical abilities.
- Will have a familiarity in prototyping and/or motion graphics tools.
- Will be an excellent communicator able to understand, question and articulate design rationale.
- Will be a problem solver.
- Will have a genuine passion and love for design and digital.
- Will be extremely organised and able to manage their own time – smashing deadlines and expectations!
- Will be determined, considered and conscientious.
- Will be honest, committed and kind.
- Will be confident and willing to take risks in the name of creativity.
- Will be a self starter who takes the initiative and can figure things out for themselves.
- Will always look to take opportunities to learn and develop their skill-set.
- Will be a natural team player with a collaborative approach.
- Will work well in a fast paced studio environment, whilst having impeccable attention to detail.
- Will maintain a good work / life balance.
An advantage to have would be…
- Proven experience in UX design and prototyping for websites.
- An understanding of front-end coding techniques and modern web languages.
- A basic understanding of web accessibility principles and techniques.
- Able to work in After Effects (or a similar motion graphics platform)
- Experience using WordPress CMS.
Perks and benefits
- The opportunity to work within a close-knit, passionate team of strategists, designers, illustrators, developers and creative thinkers.
- Working on an exciting range of client projects for both local and national clients.
- You’ll get to work in a bright and comfortable studio environment in a stunning workspace surrounded by other creative businesses and individuals.
- On the job training through online courses such as SuperHi
- A desktop Mac with a second screen to work on.
- Pension scheme option.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Tickets to local creative talks, events and workshops.
- Regular social events and team summer trip.
Deadline: Friday 30th August 2019
Interviews: W/c 2nd September 2019
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £22-28K (depending on experience)
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Mid-Weight (Digital) Designer role
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please keep cover letters short and attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your Twitter account.
No agencies please. We’ve got this one covered.