We’re on the lookout for a passionate and proactive junior designer to join our growing team on a 3 month internship. You’ll be working on commercial work for our clients, therefore this is a fully paid position. And, if you blow us away with your work and attitude, we may well have to keep you onboard full-time.
If you’re eager to learn and aren’t afraid to dive head first into design challenges, this is a great opportunity to work on an exciting mix of creative work; if you can dream up a fantastic idea and then execute it with precision, we want to hear from you.
This role would suit a confident and conceptually driven creative junior designer, who enjoys working across print and branding projects to deliver exceptional design work. The output of creative work at FD is diverse and challenging; you can expect to be working on branding and brand development, editorial layout, campaigns, illustration and much more! So a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude is a must.
We are looking for someone with a playful and bold aesthetic who can convey a strong sense of fun in their creative work. This is a busy studio where new ideas and techniques are encouraged and knowledge is shared, with a view to producing eye-catching, engaging and commercially successful creative work.
Before applying for the role please take a look over our portfolio and make sure you’re the right fit for the role and what we do. We don’t want to waste your time or ours.
Also, please be aware that, due to the high volume of responses, we can only get back to successful applicants.
The ideal candidate will…
- Will have at least 6 months experience working in a studio environment on print and branding projects.
- Have good (and proven) experience in Adobe Creative Suite programs Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Be a natural team player with a collaborative approach.
- Work well in a fast paced studio environment, but has impeccable attention to detail.
- Be enthusiastic and always thinking about how to bring new ideas to the creative process.
- Have a genuine passion for graphic design and branding.
An advantage to have but not essential…
- Experience using After Effects
- Illustration skills
Perks and Benefits
- The opportunity to work within a close-knit, passionate team of strategists, designers, illustrators, developers and creative thinkers.
- Working on an exciting range of client projects for both local and national clients.
- You’ll get to work in a bright and comfortable studio environment in a stunning workspace surrounded by other creative businesses and individuals.
- Flexible working hours.
- Tickets to local creative talks, events and workshops.
- Regular social events and team summer trip.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 month fixed-term
Salary: £18-20K (depending on experience)
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Junior Designer role…
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please keep cover letters short and attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your Twitter account.
No agencies please. We’ve got this one covered.